The aero upgrades we did over the summer break worked out amazingly! Our qualifying laptime at Mid America Motorplex was almost 2.5 seconds faster than last time we were there. We spent a good amount of time dialing in the damper and camber settings to account for the increased downforce but the car was running great. Unfortunately we cooked the brakes during Saturday's race and had to retire about midway through. Sunday we threw in a new set of pads and made a few more small adjustments and rolled out for the race. This time everything kept together and we crossed the checkered flag for the win.
Heartland Park Topeka was a similar story. Saturday during qualifying we encountered some electrical issues that sent the car sliding sideways into corner ten and coming to a stop off track completely dead. After troubleshooting for a while we finally resolved the issue, however by that time we had missed the start of the race. With everything back together again we pulled out a dominating race on Sunday and finished with an 18 second gap to second place.
For 2014 we already have a list of projects to develop the car further. As usual we will update as things progress.